Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Vista general Iglesia de San Nicolás Siglo XIV (f) General view of the church of St Nicholas XIV th century Dedicated to Magdalena Hudranová (f).

The church of "San Nicolás de la Villa de Cordoba" is one of the fourteen parishes founded by King Ferdinand III after the conquest of the city in 1236. Originally Gothic-Mudejar style, its construction dates from the last years of the thirteenth century or early fourteenth centuries, although several architectural and artistic elements coexist blended into it, corresponding to different eras and styles, from early Gothic, the Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque. The result of all this miscegenation, the temple has very interesting pieces such as its coffered ceiling, the tower or the Baptismal Chapel Renaissance, a work attributed to Hernán Ruiz II.The altarpiece of the early eighteenth century is the work of Jorge Mejia


La iglesia de San Nicolás de la Villa de Córdoba es una de las catorce parroquias que fundara el rey Fernando III el Santo ,tras la conquista de la ciudad en 1236. En origen de estilo gótico-mudéjar, su construcción data de los últimos años del siglo XIII o primeros del XIV, aunque en ella coexisten mezclados diversos elementos arquitectónicos y artísticos correspondientes a distintas épocas y estilos, desde el gótico inicial, al mudéjar, el renacimiento o el barroco. Resultado de todo ese mestizaje, el templo cuenta con piezas de gran interés como son su artesonado mudéjar, la torre o la renacentista Capilla Bautismal, obra atribuida a Hernán Ruiz II. El retablo de comienzos del siglo XVIII es obra de Jorge Mejía.

Show more
Show less
Córdoba.Spain

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 30, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Ferlan Cor
    • Camera: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D7000
    • Taken on 2012/01/14 18:36:03
    • Exposure: 0.017s (1/60)
    • Focal Length: 18.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO800
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • Flash fired