Originally called the Miami Beach Exhibition Hall, (Arch. B. Robert Swartburg-from Bucharest), the Convention Center was built in 1957 to seat 15,000 people, of total of 108,000 Ft2. Miami –New York born Architect Gilbert Fein designed addition in 1967. In 1989, the facility underwent a renovation to increase to 1.2 mil Ft2 in size. By 2013 this Convention Center will be probably demolished and rebuild again. The center was the site of the Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston boxing match in 1964.