Source: Wikipedia The hull, first two decks and steam engines were ordered in 1924 from the William Denny & Brothers shipyard on the River Leven adjoining the River Clyde at Dumbarton, Scotland. It was shipped in pieces to Stockton, California in 1926. There the California Transportation Company assembled her for its regular Sacramento River service between San Francisco and Sacramento, and excursions to Stockton, on the San Joaquin River. At the time, she was one of the most lavishly appointed and expensive sternwheel passenger boats ever commissioned. Today she resides in Chattanooga, Tennessee operating as a hotel on the Tennessee River.