I resized it to small, so if watched enlarged it wont be pinsharp
translated from German:
Slavic settlements precursor of the place existed before more than 1,000 years. The name goes back to the Scharbeutz Slavic Village or Scorbuze Schoreboce. This term means something like "the court of Skorobyc", the latter name is divided into parts skorz (slaw "quick, quick") and bytz (slaw "be there").
Under Count Adolf II of Schauenburg and Holstein land acquisitions took place from 1150 by the Frisians, Saxons, Westphalians and Holsten. The first documented mention 1221 as Penzé Ponitz find, as Scarbuce Scharbeutz 1271 and 1259 as Gleschendorf Golesko.
In the 15th Century it was dominated by the space of the Charterhouse Ahrensbök, in the 17th Century, influenced by the Danes, state farms, as the Grone Hof (built in 1408 in succession to the castle Snykrode / Snikrode), were founded. Only in the 19th Century occurred the coastal area into an independent development.
In 1850 in Sleaford lived less than 200 people, Haffkrug had about 200 and about 300 inhabitants in Gleschendorf. Haffkrug (from 1812) and Sleaford (from 1837) developed for seaside tourism. Nevertheless, the Elizabethan in Haffkrug until 1840, the Augustusbad Scharbeutz until 1850, was completed by the Hamburg businessman Charles Kelley. (The history of the community is well illustrated and extensively in the Museum of Regional History of the home club in Pönitz.) Until the large- Hamburg-law owned the land for the modern territory of Oldenburg.
On 3 May 1945 off the coast of Scharbeutz both : Cap Arcona and Germany IV were sunk by British air attacks. It killed 7,000 people, mostly prisoners of Neuengamme concentration camp. (Also about this event in the museum in Pönitz are many relics and photographs on display.)
In the aftermath of the Second World War Haffkrug was occupied by Poland and Scharbeutz by Britain. The population had doubled by many refugees from the East and the Baltics. The tourists were out, a revival began only first in the 1950s.
The present Grand Scharbeutz was a merger of the municipalities Gleschendorf, Scharbeutz and Haffkrug; founded in 1974 because of the wake of municipal reform.