Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Црквата Св. Спас -Church Holy Salvation

The Church of Holy Salvation is a Macedonian Orthodox Church in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia. It is situated east of Kale Fortress. The church was built in the mid-16th century[1] and is three-nave, with the middle vessel arched and flat pages covered with gains in domes. In the west is the gallery for women. On the south wall, above the present level of the floor during the repair of the church year 1963-64 was discovered a flat painting dating from the 16th-17th century. During the nineteenth century the church was given the inal look. In 1824 the iconostasis was completed and in 1867 it was part of the throne icons. The iconostasis and icons were made by cooperatives and traders from Skopje. The door for entering in the yard is heavy and made from oak. In the yard is a white sarcophagus containing the remains of the revolutionary Goce Delčev.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on May 24, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Boban Onosimoski
    • Camera: COOLPIX L120
    • Taken on 2012/05/23 14:06:34
    • Exposure: 0.004s (1/250)
    • Focal Length: 7.30mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO80