This building is in the National Register of Historic Places.
In design of a Teutonic Club; all stockholders were of German descent. The Garten was the center for the city's social life from 1876 to 1923. The complex had an octagonal dance pavilion, tennis courts, bowling and tenpin alleys, bandstand, fountains. When the corporation was dissolved, a resident bought the property and gave it to the city of Galveston for use as a park.