Built by Sir Andrew Corbet to the east of the church and Corbet castle in the mid 16th century about 1579 appears. It was captured by the Roundheads and damaged during the Civil War. It fell into ruin in 18th century. Despite attempts to rebuild it it was finally abandoned in the late 1700s.
It is still owned by the Corbet family, and managed by English Heritage.