The coastal village of St. John the Theologian (or simply Theologos, belongs to the municipality of Lokri (ancient people of this area, participated at the Persian wars from 490 to 470 BC) and it is situated in the district of Fthiotis.
A street before Malesina and a short distance from it, in a bay is the resort of Saint John the Theologian in Opountion Gulf Coast. Built in place of the ancient port town of Ales (6th century BC.), was founded by a few families of Malesina in 1923 moved to the beach.
The naming is due to the small chapel of St. John the Theologian and its story is great, as at its side are the ruins of the ancient town of Ales, most of which lie on the beach and the sea, houses and tombs, indicating that earthquakes were the cause of the city destruction.
The ancient town of Ales takes its name from the salt pans and expands its presence throughout the historical course of years, while it is certain that the space was continuously inhabited since the Neolithic era to the Middle Byzantine period (11th and 12th century) so deserted until 1923.
(Translated from Wikipedia, with add-ons by C. Theodorou)