St. Andrew's Church is one of the oldest churches in Bombay built by the Portuguese Jesuits. It was built in 1575. It stands on the sea-shore of the Bandra suburb of Bombay. A 400-year-old church, St Andrew Church is located at Bandra in Mumbai. This historic church was the only church in Bandra till the first quarter of the 17th century. The altar of the church extends almost to the roof, which carries statues of Sacred Heart, Our Lady and St Andrew. Smaller statues of St John the Baptist, St Sebastian and the Bom Jesu are near the main statues. The 16th century wood altars carved and painted in popular Portuguese style, 16th century wood panels depicting the resurrection of the Christ and the assumption of Mary Immaculate and the 16th century pulpit are among the other interests in the church. Besides, one of the largest and oldest crosses in Mumbai is in its compound. There is a small hole in the center of the facade of the building just above the statue of St Andrew, which allows the rising sun to shine into the church.