The Gothic reconstruction of St. Martin in the Wall was completed in 1488, sponsored by the Utraquist bourgeois Holec family. Their coat of arms, a hook, can be seen in several places around the church.
St. Martin has now been restored to its original splendour. Aside from Sunday worship, it only opens for classical concerts. The excellent acoustics of the church and the historic setting make these events well worth attending.