The monastery Ano Xenia is located in Mount Othris south boundaries of Magnesia, near the village Vrynaina Almyros. The presence of remains of an old church, probably dating from the 7th century, testifies to the long history of space. However, according to the prevailing view in the scientific community, the foundation of the monastery should be placed in the late 10th century, without precluding the existence of an earlier temple. The monastery, in the long history, has suffered several disasters. Former can be seen from the burning of Cardinal Pelayo in 1213 and killed 800, according to tradition the monks of the abbey. In the Ottoman period occurred at least two disasters related to renovations of the Catholic (= central Temple) and the hidden school function. The contribution of the Monastery in the case of the common struggle for freedom during the Occupation meant the burning of all the buildings except the Catholic, by extract from Italian soldiers on 26 May 1942. As a last wound may indicate the earthquake in the summer of 1980, which brought severe damage to the Catholic, such as cracks in walls, etc. detachments of frescoes, and the collapse of all the old buildings were repaired after the fire storm of 1942. Today the monastery egkatavioun three monks, while the bulk of its premises, except the Catholic, has been rebuilt from scratch.