A walk in brickworks Museum N. & S. Tsalapatas

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Museum - Brickworks brothers and Spyridon Nikoletou Tsalapatas erected in 1925 as a continuation of the family ceramics operated since 1917 . The design and construction were under instructions Belgian engineers and came from Belgium and technical equipment, and was steam. The products of the factory were several types of bricks and tiles, put on the Greek market, and from 1934 began to export. The first year of operation employed 125-150 people and had a 200 horsepower engine. In 1929 the factory was expanded and his staff reached 250 people. The losses suffered by the factory during the Second World War and during the earthquake was severe and affect decisively the postwar fate of the factory. Finally, the European competition and the economic problems that had accumulated led to permanent shutdown in 1975. In 1995 the band became the property of the Municipality of Volos and today operates as a commercial and cultural polychoros, and a large part of the factory will operate the namesake museum.

Show more
Show less
Save Cancel Want to use bold, italic, links?

Comments (22)

« Previous12Next »
Takis Travel on July 12, 2013

Α+Α για την όμορφη φωτογραφία και την εξ ίσου καλή ενημέρωση.

Καλό σ/κ. Τάκης

Very nice! L

« Previous12Next »

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on August 26, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Thanasis Germanos
    • Camera: NORITSU KOKI QSS-32_33

Groups