The Kurhaus Binz is located on the beach promenade, and close to the pier on Kurplatz Binz of Binz on the island of Rügen in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Today it is a luxury hotel of the group Travel Charme.
A Berlin banker invested with the "Binz AG" in the expansion of the resort and started to build a sanatorium, opened the 22nd July of 1890. Among the first guests was Empress Auguste Victoria. Built from timber-framed building it burned down on 1 May from the 1906th In the summer of 1907, the council decided for a construction of stone and a design by the Berlin architect Otto Spalding. The building has since than been a landmark of the resort.
In the 1920s, the municipality sold the Kurhaus with the Kaiserhof for 165 million Reichsmarks to Adalbert Kaba-Klein. The Kurhaus with vaudeville, Casino and Kakadu Bar was visited at this time by wealthy guests as industrialists, doctors, lawyers and artists.
The Nazis operated the expropriation of spa owners Kaba-Klein. In the course of 1938, the linearization Kurhaus was handed over to German forced trustees and later sold. With the onset of World War II from 1939, the number of tourists, and later also bomb victims and refugees sought refuge in Binz. The spa house had intact survived the war and Russian soldiers and refugees were billeted. The former owner Kaba-Klein returned, the district of Greifswaldcourt awarded him the Kurhaus again. Because Kaba Klein used the rations for nutrition of the people to feed the pigs ..., he was dispossessed again under Action Rose 1953 and sentenced to ten years in prison. In 1955 NVA took over the Kurhaus as a convalescent home for officers and longer serving soldiers.
In the 1960s, the agency of DDR took over the Kurhaus. So it was for all Binzer guests open again. The terrace was re-cultivated with restaurants and an Intershop arose. In the Kurhaus Hall were held major events like SED conferences and the opening of the ferry Mukran-Klaipeda.
After the turn it was owned to "Travel Group" in Berlin, which was created from the former travel agent hotels. The Resort Hotel GmbH later bought the hotel from the trust, the Travel Charme GmbH took over the business. The Kurhaus was reconstructed and modernized to the original plans of the architect Spalding. At the same time, the imperial court was built and connected by a glass lobby and café to the Kurhaus. As the first hotel in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, it was awarded the "Five-star".