This quarry was not famous for its building stone and any stone it marketed under the Perry's Quarry name, came form the OK quarry in Round Hill Road, however it was a source of agricultural lime on a huge scale bight up until the 1960 when it was worked by Fulton Hogan.
In the NZ Cyclopedia it is described. . . .
T.T. QUARRY , Totaratahi, is a splendid property, of seventeen acres and a half, and has been worked for about twenty years. It is situated alongside Totara railway station, with which it is connected by a siding. There is an unlimited quantity of the best quality of Oamaru white stone, which is hewn by machinery, and hand-dressed at the quarry.
MR. WILLIAM DICKSON , Foreman in charge of the T.T. Quarry, was born in 1842, in North, Scotland, and was brought up to country life. In 1860 he landed at Port Chalmers by the ship “Henrietta,” and for a short time he was in Dunedin and Invarcargill. Mr. Dickson has been settled in the Oamaru district since 1868. He has been engaged mostly in working the white stone of the district, and has been in charge of the T.T. Quarry since 1895. As a Forester, he is attached to Court Pride of Oamaru. Mr. Dickson was married, in 1862, to a daughter of the late Mr. David Smeeton, of Perth. Mrs Dickson died in 1903.