Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Lal Kuthi,Dhaka 2/2011

Northbrook Hall also known as Lalkuthi (Red House) because of its deep red colour, was originally built as a town hall during the British period. It is situated at Farashgonj road in Old Dhaka, on the north bank of the Buriganga River, Bangladesh.In 1874 Indian Governor Thomas George Baring, Lord Northbrook, who was the Viceroy of India between 1872 and 1876, came to visit Dhaka. So, to make his visit memorable, some eminent Zamidars and affluent citizens of Dhaka donated to build this Town Hall in 1879. In 1880, the Commissioner of Dhaka inaugurated it.Northbrook Hall is an Indo-Saracen building, which is a fusion of Mughal architecture blended with European Renaissance architectural styles. At Northbrook Hall,Nobel Laureate Poet Rabindranath Tagore was honored by Dhaka Municipality and People's Association on7th of February,1926.

Show more
Show less
Dhaka

Photo details

  • Uploaded on September 23, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by F. Zaman
    • Camera: Canon EOS 7D
    • Taken on 2011/09/02 10:27:28
    • Exposure: 0.025s (1/40)
    • Focal Length: 24.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/11.000
    • ISO Speed: ISO200
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash