The south face of a Victorian memorial erected shortly after the Indian Mutiny. The north face inscription reads: IN MEMORY OF COMRADES WHO FELL DURING THE INDIAN CAMPAIGNS OF 1857, 1858 and 1859. ERECTED BY THE 1st BATTALION 60th ROYAL RIFLES AUGUST 1861. West face: ROHILCUND (alt. Rohilkhand, Rohilkhund); East face: OUDE (alt. Oudh); South face: DELHI - CELER ET AUDAX (Motto: 'Swift and Bold').