Oak Alley Plantation was named for a quarter-mile double row of 28 oaks, planted in the early 1800's by a french settler. The trees extended from the main house down to the shore of the Mississippi River. Nowadays almost all of the trees are alive and kicking. The house, maintained by the non-profit Oak Alley Foundation, can be visited.
Sign in to comment.