Igreja do Colégio was completed in 1647. Together with the college it was for a long time the largest building complex in Funchal.
Highlight of the interior of the church is its collection of golden carved altarpieces dating from 1647, 1648, 1654 and 1660. The high altar is considered one of the jewels of Madeiran carving work from that time. Among the many chapels, the one from the ‘Eleven Thousand Virgins’ is to be especially pointed out because of its beautiful altar.
Source and more informations: Jesuit College and Church - Madeira Web