The Wall in Port Carling. View can be deceiving. Some walls divide; some walls unite. This mural consist of nearly 10,000 historical photographs (private and public), from area of this town. They are arranged in chronological order depicting events, people and scenery from 1860-1960.
Located on south-facing wall of the former Hanna store, it was unveiled in 2005.
The 111 x 45-foot photo mosaic, provides a interesting welcome to this town. It comprises 9,028 pictures that together create the image of the Sagamo Steam boat passing through the Port Carling locks circa 1922.
The cruise boat (1907-1959) had several lives - even as a restaurant - (1960-63), but is gone today!
Bay View House: Built by Charles Vanderburgh. William Hanna bought it in 1881, owning it for 50 years. Sarah Hanna would board the store clerks there. It burned down in 1931, but was rebuild.