This 68 ft (21 m) windmill was constructed in the mid-19th century by German craftsmen, Louis Blackhaus, and his brother-in-law Freidrick Brockmann, on a site in Lombard, Illinois. By the early 20th century, the windmill had fallen into a state of disrepair. In 1914, George Fabyan purchased the disused windmill for approximately $8,000 from Mrs. Fred Runge. He then had it moved to this Geneva location in 1915. Fabyan spent an estimated $75,000 to have it moved, reconstructed, and restored. The windmill was reassembled on its present site by a Danish millwright named Rasmussen, with the assistance of John Johnson and six others from the Wilson Bros. Construction Co. After nineteen months, the relocation and reconstruction were completed. The mill was a wonder in its day, because it is thought to be the only fully automatic wind-driven mill of its type. In 1997, repairs costing $900,000 were made to the windmill by third generation Duch windmill maker Lucas Verbij fully restoring it. Today the mill is still operable and demonstrations are provided to tour groups on the weekends. Information paraphrased from Wikepedia.