CITY HALL , the former Magistrate, dominates the square with its elegancy and beauty. The Town Hall or GRADSKA KUĆA might seem like an odd tourist attraction, but it is by far one of the most beautiful and impressive buildings in Novi Sad. The building, which dates from 1895 and is the work of architect György Molnár, is the administrative seat of the Novi Sad municipality. It was built in Neo-Renaissance style, with 16 allegorical figures, the work of Julije Anika, and the city's coat of arms as decoration. The tall tower with the bell of St Florian, a Catholic saint and protector of the city from fire, is especially striking on City Hall. The bell is also known as Matilda’s Bell, after the philanthropist who presented the bell to the fire-fighters of Novi Sad.