Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Lawford Theatre, Havana, IL

Havana, IL (Mason County)

. Opened in 1914, this 500 seat theater in downtown Havana is situated next door to the city hall. The Lawford Theatre was operated by the Kerasotes chain from 1946 until it closed in 1982. In 1997, it was restored and reopened for use as a legitimate theater venue, which it served as until 2001.

. In August of 2004, a new owner purchased the Lawford Theatre and reopened it as a movie house. It was closed not long after, but reopened under new ownership in summer of 2005. Again the Lawford Theatre closed in September, but reopened under another new owner in November of 2005. (1)

. References (1) Cinema Treasures

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on November 16, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Tim Stewart
    • Camera: SONY DSC-HX20V
    • Taken on 2012/09/16 18:00:56
    • Exposure: 0.006s (1/160)
    • Focal Length: 6.48mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • Flash fired