In 1874, local businessman Friedrich Giesler acquired one of three local breweries. He would later take over the other two, as well. For more than 100 years, Giesler was the beer of Brühl.
The company was acquired by Cologne based Dom brewery in 1998, thus ending the long tradition of brewing in Brühl. Most of the old brewery complex was torn down and the estate turned into a shopping mall. The old brewhouse though, protected as a history monument, remained and is a part of the shopping mall today.