Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Ι. Ναός Κοιμήσεως της Θεοτόκου, Τορνικίου - Church of the Assumption, Tornikiou

For English please press “show more”
Ο Ναός ιδρύθηκε το 12ο αιώνα και συνδέεται με την οικογένεια των Τορνικίων. Το καθολικό είναι διώροφο και είναι αφιερωμένο στην Κοίμηση της Θεοτόκου. Στον Ναό του ισογείου λέγεται πως λειτούργησε καθολικός ιερέας. Σύμφωνα με την Ορθόδοξη παράδοση ο Ναός σφραγίστηκε για 500 χρόνια. Για το λόγο αυτό κατασκευάστηκε ο Ναός του ορόφου. Οι τοιχογραφίες του χρονολογούνται τα έτη 1481 και 1730.
Ο ναός μεταφέρθηκε από την αρχική του θέση λόγω της κατασκευής του φράγματος του Ιλαρίωνα. Η αρχική τοποθεσία του Ναού θα κατακλυσθεί από τα νερά του ποταμού Αλιάκμονα όταν ολοκληρωθεί η κατασκευή του φράγματος.
:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:
The church was founded in the 12th century and is connected with the family of Tornikion. The church has two floors and is dedicated to the Assumption. In the Temple of the ground said that functioned Catholic priest. According to Orthodox tradition, the church was sealed for 500 years. For this reason, built the Temple of the floor. The frescoes dating the years 1481 and 1730. The church was moved from its original position due to the dam of Hilarion. The original site of the temple will be flooded by the waters of the river Aliakmonas when completed the construction of the dam.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on December 10, 2012
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Pantelis Stogias
    • Camera: Canon PowerShot A590 IS
    • Taken on 2012/09/23 12:57:50
    • Exposure: 0.001s (1/1000)
    • Focal Length: 9.90mm
    • F/Stop: f/4.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO200
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash