Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

MARCHÉ BONSECOURS _ BONSECOURS MARKET

THIS NEOCLASSIC BUILDING WAS CONSTRUCTED BY THE ARCHITECT WILLIAM FOOTNER BETWEEN 1844-1852. IT HAS BEEN INAUGURATED IN JANUARY 1847. HOWEVER THE INTERIOR DECORATION DONE BY THE ARCHITECT GEORGE BROWNE WAS FINISHED IN 1852.
BETWEEN 26 AVRIL AND 7 MAY 1849 THE GOVERNMENT OF UNITED CANADA RETREATED TO, SO AS TO CONTINUE THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION, AFTER THE PARLEMENT BUILDINGS NEARBY WERE BURNED DOWN BY ANGRY ANGLO MOB IN 25 OF APRIL 1849.
ALSO IT HOUSED THE MONTREAL CITY HALL BETWEEN 1852-1878.
TODAY THE MARKET IS A MULTI PURPOSE FACILITY. WHERE THE HEAD-OFFICES OF CONSEIL DES MÉTIERS D'ART DU QUÉBEC AND INSTITUT DESIGN DE MONTRÉAL ARE THERE.
ON THE MAIN AND SECOND FLOORS THERE ARE OUTDOORS CAFÉS, RESTAURANTS AND BOUTIQUES.
IT WAS RECOGNISED AS NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE OF CANADA IN 1984.

Show more
Show less
Montreal, QC, Canada

Photo details

  • Uploaded on January 15, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Maurice Haddad
    • Camera: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. E-410
    • Taken on 2012/01/08 16:46:03
    • Exposure: 0.033s (1/30)
    • Focal Length: 14.00mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO400
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash