The well-known Fuxstein cliffs are at the «Schopf» surrounded by meadows and pastures, and there is a small wayside shrine here that attracts many pilgrims. People taking a Sunday stroll often like to walk here, because this peaceful location is a magnet for those seeking quiet prayer who come to lay their problems before Our Lady of Sorrows. Today’s Fuxstein chapel has been extended many times, before being subjected to a total renovation and now includes a sanctuary. 449 explosive charges were needed to create the room for the new chapel «The Seven Sorrows of Mary». The Marian year of 1954 and a personal request from the parish priest made it possible to enlarge and redesign the chapel. In 1977, the chapel received a different altarpiece depicting the «Seven Sorrows of Mary». It was purchased from the White Fathers in Lucerne for a price of Fr. 2’500. This purchase became necessary after the two most beautiful statues were stolen. A renovation again took place in 1997. The interior, the walls and floors were renewed, a restored altar was installed and the square in front of the chapel was re-arranged. The youth of the village planted a tree.