Museum facade is the only remaining part of 1846 Victorian Market Hall that was built on site of 1746 Town Gaol. Damaged by shells and bombs in World War II. New building contains Silver Screen Cinema, entrance in Gaol Lane on left. Discovery Centre and Dover Library to the right, Ellie Cafe Bar (pub) to the left. Snow in February, 2012. Urban Dover Architecture and History.