Originally Church of the Immaculate Conception. Built due to the generosity of Irish immigrant Thomas Little, who donated land and materials with which to build a church and monastery. The foundation stone was laid on 25th March 1854 by Spanish pioneer missionary Bishop Salvado of New Norcia. This was the first country Catholic church to be built outside of Perth, W.A.'s capital. In use as a church until 1938, when the nearby new church became the consecrated district Catholic church. The hall was restored in 1979, dedicated and named after its original benefactor.