Marie Curtis Park. On both sides of Etobicoke Creek. It was created in 1954 after Hurricane Hazel flooded and cleared this area of many houses. Canadian Arsenals property was added later to the park. The cannon, (32-pounder), was one of five retired heavy guns, that had been sent from Quebec City in 1881. Manufactured by the Carron Company of Falkirk, Scotland in 1803, eventually found its way to Marie Curtis Park..
The park was named after Marie Curtis, a former Reeve of the Village of Long Branch and a member of Metro Council, self described, plain spoken housewife, who died in March 2006.