South side of the Church of England (C of E) parish church tower in Cannon Street with weather vane and sundial. The tower had 2 church bells in 1497; there were 5 prior to the English Reformation; in 1663 a 6th bell was added. In 1724 bell-founder Samuel Knight re-cast the 6 bells into the 8 tunable bells of today. Urban Dover Architecture, Norman and Victorian History photo. Travel, Tourism, and Vacation.