Stone School, which is known as the school where the archbishop Makarios III, the former president of Cyprus, has attended has been designed with a neo classical style reflecting western architecture. The construction of the magnificent building started in 1904 and was completed in three years. It is situated on an area of 965 square meters, is four-storey high and is located on the hill at the west of İskele Street. In 1924 after the establishment of the republic it is opened as a school called Dar-ül Eytam for orphans, who were the children of soldiers that died in the war. The building served as a boarding school, a primary school and a secondary school later on. The historical building that was evacuated in 1989 was transferred to Uludağ University first and then was transferred to Zeytinbağı Municipality for restorations.