Built 1867-1868 in Pointed style of medieval 13th century by Edward Welby Pugin of Kentish rag and Bath stone (limestone) dressings. Opened 1868 by Bishop of Southwark. Church apse added 1873. Left (partly in shadow): former St Paul's Roman Catholic School (built 1872) now used for church activities and social club. Presbytery out-of-shot to the right. Urban Victorian Architecture and History. Travel, Tourism, and Vacation.