Calvin Presbyterian Church began after Church Union in 1925, but there has been a Presbyterian congregation on "the Hill" since 1881.
The congregation was initially without funds, building, or a minister and were not even recognized. Late 1925, the congregation sent for Rev. Joseph Wasson of Randalstown, Northern Ireland. March 1926, they commissioned the architectural firm of Wickson and Gregg - known for the design of Timothy Eaton Memorial Church and the old Central Toronto Reference Library, to build this church.
This church hosts and supports Gay & lesbian theater.