Rosedale Valley Road, near Castle Frank.
The 552 feet subway bridge is completely encased in concrete. A conventional bridge was planned for the subway line, with a view of the ravine, but the tony Rosedale residents objected, and forced the Toronto Transit Commission to enclose it in a concrete shell for noise reduction.
Yes, they do pay high taxes + they are people with old money & influence!
The Bloor-Danforth subway line opened in February 1966.
Castle Frank was originally a large summer wooden cabin, constructed for John Graves Simcoe, (his son was Frank) who was the first Lieutenant-Governor of the Province of Upper Canada. The original "Castle" burned down in 1829. The replacement, 24 room mansion, build for Toronto politician Edy Kemp was demolished in 1960's, to make room for High School, so there is no Castle Frank, only the name remains....