Ex-Dover County School founded in 1905 by headmaster Fred Whitehouse as mixed-sex with premises in Ladywell and Frith Road. Segregated before above building opened by Duke of York (future King George VI) in 1931. Used by Royal Navy in World War II as a station for WRNS (Wrens). A 2500-yard zoom shot taken from the castle's Saluting Platform. Urban Architecture, History, Travel and Tourism.