Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

ΦΑΡΟΣ ΣΤΟ ΠΟΣΕΙΔΙ ΧΑΛΚΙΔΙΚΗΣ - LIGHTHOUSE IN POSSIDI HALKIDIKI

Ο ΦΑΡΟΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΚΑΣΣΑΝΔΡΑ ΧΑΛΚΙΔΙΚΗΣ

Λειτούργησε για πρώτη φορά το 1864 με πηγή ενέργειας το πετρέλαιο, όταν η περιοχή ήταν υπό την κατοχή της οθωμανικής αυτοκρατορίας. Εντάχθηκε στο ελληνικό φαρικό δίκτυο το 1913. Κατά την διάρκεια του 2ου Παγκοσμίου Πολέμου παρέμεινε σβηστός και επαναλειτούργησε το 1944 με πηγή ενέργειας το πετρέλαιο. Το 1975 ηλεκτροδοτήθηκε, αντικαταστάθηκαν τα μηχανήματα πετρελαίου και λειτούργησε ως ηλεκτρικός.

Το ύψος του πύργου του ειναι 14,5 μέτρα και τό εστιακό του ύψος είναι 23 μέτρα.


LIGHTHOUSE KASSANDRA HALKIDIKI

It first operated in 1864 with oil as source of energy, when the area was under the occupation of the Ottoman Empire. It came under the Greek network of lighthouses in 1913. During the 2nd World War it remained unlit and operated again in 1944 with oil as energy. In 1975 the lighthouse was supplied with electricity, the oil engines were replaced and became electrically operated.

The altitude of tower is 14,5 metres and the height of focal plane is 23 metres.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on March 8, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Koutoudis Grigoris