The Gaz Factory of Athens established in 1857 by Frangiscos Feraldis. In 1938 the company became a municipality society and in 1952 naned as Municipality Society of Gaz of Athens (D.E.F.A). Because of electricity it was loosing consummers and finaly in 1984 was definitively closed. From 2013, after 12 years of machines reparation, the old factory is working as a museum.
(Text by C. Theodorou from the brochure of the museum)