The monastery was founded by Despot Jovan Brankovic in late 15th century. Closed in 1777 because of the law of the church reforms of Maria Theresa, and ten years later it was destroyed by the Turks. It was restored in 1995 by Bishop Hrizostom of Banat Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox Church. The monastery is located on a hill above the village Malo Središte. It is dedicated to the Holy Mother of God.