The Fort du Cabelou was built around 1746 to defend Bay of La Forêt entrance and Concarneau harbour.
The fort is horseshoe-shaped. It has a guard room topped by a sentry box and a gunpowder store.
Its entrance is protected by a half bastion: The paraped has 6 openings facing the sea.
In 1794, 24 gunners were in charge of four 36 pounds canons.
The fort was decommissioned during the 19th century.