Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, East Kirkby.

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Comments (1)

G Lokey on April 4, 2013

This centre is a privately owned and run Museum and was set up by two farming brothers, Fred and Harold Panton, built as a memorial to Bomber Command and primarily as a tribute to their elder brother Christopher Panton who was shot down and killed during a bombing raid over Nuremberg on 30/31st March 1944. When Lancaster NX611 came up for sale it was purchased by the brothers and brought to their land at East Kirkby. It was intended for their private collection but it was suggested they should make it into an exhibit for the public and the Museum was set up with the Lancaster and Control Tower as its centre pieces. The Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre was then opened in 1988.

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 4, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by G Lokey
    • Camera: SONY DSC-HX9V
    • Taken on 2013/04/01 13:15:20
    • Exposure: 0.003s (1/400)
    • Focal Length: 4.28mm
    • F/Stop: f/3.300
    • ISO Speed: ISO100
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups