Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Hoover Wesleyan Church

Sits in between Troy Mills and Quasqueten, Iowa. The Hoover Wesleyan Methodist Church was organized sometime before 1884. There is no record of the exact date. In 1884, land was donated to the community to use for a church and cemetery. There Rev. Bender constructed a frame church which is still in use. Charles and Martha Hoover furnished the land and lumber for the church, while many others contributed to the project. In 1952, the first building project since the original construction was begun. The project added a basement, a furnace room (the old wood burning stove had since been replaced), and several classrooms. In the late 1960's, under the leadership of Rev. Dennis Johnson, a newer parsonage was built behind the church. This country church has remained resilient over the years and continues to be an active congregation in this farm community. http://www.iamndistrict.org/cgi-bin/molded4/template.cgi?m=directory&s=25

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on April 4, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by KingHawkFan