Added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 9, 1982. Is the Alpha Phi Sorority House. Built in 1875 in the Second Empire architectural style. The Thomas C. Carson House is a historic house in Iowa City, Iowa. It is currently in use as the sorority house of the University of Iowa chapter of Alpha Phi, and is thus also known as the Carson-Alpha Phi House.
It is claimed that the first commercial radio station in Iowa City broadcast from the third floor.