The Minsker synagogue 1930. Architectects Kaplan & Sprachman designed the synagogue, Jacob (Nahum) Glassman, a Russian immigrant build it. Glassman was never paid in full. His granddaughter and great grandson are known journalists/writers in Toronto.
The stone inscription above the entrance reads: "Congregation Beth Israel Anshei Minsk, built 1930" in Yiddish.
The Kensington area has still has several working synagogues.
The jewish immigrants of Minsk could not mix with the immigrants from Kiev, so each congregation build their own ;-). There used to be 60,000 jews living in this area and there were about 30 synagogues!
Most Jewish families started to move up north in the 50's and now live in the North York.