House of Blackheads – The Melngalvju. Originally built in 1344, this resurrected ghost is another reminder of Riga's still-healing historical scars. Ironically located in the Town Hall Square by the Museum of Occupations, the original House of Blackheads was destroyed during the war in 1941 and buried by the Soviets in 1948. It was rebuilt in 2001 with careful attention to its original structure and exterior ornamentation to commemorate the city's 800th anniversary. Originally owned by a merchant guild, in its current reincarnation the House of Blackheads serves as a museum and sometimes concert hall.
See a lot of interesting photos from beautiful Riga in this
Photo Gallery with detailed descriptions to each photo of the most beautiful areas, monuments, buildings and other attractions.
Svein-Magne Tunli from Bergen
lovely Riga,nice shot
Thanks a lot Michael D (Mickado)!
Greetings from Norway
Pticki netu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Сама ДОброта - сказал что птички нету ! На Башне должна быть птичка !!!
Dear S.M Tunli!
Riga is a beautiful space. Excellent photo.
Thanks al lot csorszfoto!
CADRAGE TRÈS RÉUSSI !
Superbe photo: bravo !
Salutations de Cannes (France).
Thanks a lot Méry52 🅿🔳🔴,!
Cheers from Norway!
Svein-Magne Tunli from Bergen - Norway
Wonderful shot and place! like+fav Best wishes, Richard
Sign up to comment.
Sign in if you already did it.
Photo taken in Vecrīga, Central District, Riga, Latvia
Misplaced? Suggest new location