This is one of five churches/parishes in the Queen of Saints Cluster. This church is the oldest Catholic Church in Benton County.
St. Patrick’s parish in Watkins provided for the area’s Irish settlers in the 1800s. The first church was built in 1880. This small frame church met their needs until it was destroyed by fire in 1906. The following year the Fairfax pastor, Fr. Patrick Reynolds, bought property in Watkins and built a small frame church there. Membership was very small. As the Parish grew, a resident pastor was appointed in 1912. He was the Rev. Alfred P. Meyer. Father Meyer built a residence immediately. While it was being built, Father Meyer stayed with the Brannons. W.H. Wheeler built the church
In 1914 Father Meyer organized a new parish in Newhall where he conducted services every Sunday as an out mission of Watkins. He did this for 18 years. In 1918 the Watkins church seating capacity had to be doubled, so an addition was built on the back part of the church.