Ružica Church (Rose church) is located in the Kalemegdan Fortress, in Belgrade, Serbia.
It is unknown who and when built this church. The only known thing is that this is the oldest church in Belgrade, with very long and interesting history.
There are few important dates. It was demolished in 1521 by the invading Ottoman Turks. But very soon after, it was renovated. Today's church was a gunpowder warehouse in the 18th century. The church was converted into a military church between 1867 and 1869. Heavily damaged during the First World War, the church was renovated in 1925.
Since 31.05.1965, Ruzica Church is under the protection of the State.