Added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 3, 1983. Built in 1885 and is also known as the Pratt-Soper House. It's now the Church of Latter-Day Saints.
The main block of the Soper house is essentially Anlgo-Italian, but the porch is mainly Greek Revival. However, this porch was an addition to the original structure before 1900 and thus is a part of the house as it was in the late 19th Century. Each of the round fluted wood columns has an Ionic capital and an entasis, and the cornice has an entablature which is undecorated except for the frieze of dentils. The porch balustrade does not have the lightness and delicacy of those of the Neo-Jacobean style; rather, it uses heavier vase-shaped balusters below a goose-neck railing. Anglo-Italian characteristics include brick window headings with single keystones of dressed rock, round oculus windows in gables each with four keystones, and large coupled brackets against the long cornice under the eaves. All of the second floor windows are round-arched, and those on the first-floor facade are segmental-arched. The house has had several additions according to real estate records, and among the was the one void of openings at the right of the porch. Originally, it house the pipes for a pipe organ, this part has recently been remodeled. http://books.google.com/books?id=wNBbJENR6WAC&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=pratt+house+iowa+city&source=bl&ots=_7uaGF6mUN&sig=zFe1i7XSFCXjiZPaeASAhkfrHb0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7PSMUZvLFpSQ8wSu4YGAAg&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBw