The first Elora Mill was built in 1833 and has had a colourful history of burning down, and being rebuilt. In the 1970's, the building was renovated into a hotel.
It has historically failed as a hotel for a number of reasons.
Currently, the Elora Mill Inn is closed for major renovation, after past owner went bankrupt and new owners have a grand new vision!
Across the river are the remnants of three historic buildings -
the Walser building, the Little Folks building and the Kiddie Car factory, which will be probably gone after the developer is done with the reno.