Knox Church, Elora, build in 1873

Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

Knox Church, Elora was founded in 1837. The first church building was an "old log church".

In 1850, Mr. Charles Allan donated the land of the current site. In 1873, during the ministry of Reverent McDonald, the current stone church was built at a "great" cost of $22,000.00.

Architect: James & Lalor, Toronto Style: Gothic revival

Show more
Show less
Save Cancel Want to use bold, italic, links?

Comments (42)

Antoine Jasser on February 18, 2014

Impressive...
Bright & colorful...
Beautifully composed & captured...
L 40

Zygmunt Borowski on April 22, 2014

Nice church - like

All the best from Zygmunt

Sign up to comment. Sign in if you already did it.

Photo details

  • Uploaded on May 13, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Tomros - Pano
    • Camera: Panasonic DMC-ZS5
    • Taken on 2013/05/09 17:17:14
    • Exposure: 0.001s (1/1000)
    • Focal Length: 14.70mm
    • F/Stop: f/6.300
    • ISO Speed: ISO200
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash

Groups