13 - 19 King Street West - Laing Apartments.
Built in 1882, 13 King Street West was a grocery store operated by Peter and Robert Laing. #19 was the home of a hardware business from 1872 - as Hugh Walker’s Hardware from 1936 - to 1987. The transom over the main entrance still reads “15 Laing Apts”. Nobody has broken it, while moving, in 100 years!
Amarettos- Women Clothing; Bridal Shop; Terraware - women Clothing; Modella- Ladies Wear. Not many well dressed men in this town!! ;-)